From reducing muscle tension to improving your coordination, the benefits of regular stretching can be felt from top to bottom. So don’t hold out on your body. Your body will thank you.
It’s no secret. Stretching can work wonders for your body. From emotional to physical benefits, you’ll see a difference once you make stretching a regular part of your daily routine.
- Reduce muscle tension. You’ll gain an overall sense of relaxation in your body. That’s so Zen.
- Improve coordination. Your body will feel freer, so movement becomes easier.
- Increase range of motion. More motion, means more independence.
- Prevent injuries. Muscle strains are less likely to occur since strong, flexible muscles resist stress better than stiff muscles.
- Prepare for physical activities. Running, skiing, tennis, swimming, cycling—piece of cake! Okay, maybe it’s not quite that simple, but stretching does make strenuous activities easier because it prepares your muscles and signals to them that they’re about to be used.
- Gain self-awareness. Stretching is a great way to focus on different areas of your body, which as a result, makes you more self-aware.
- Take control of your body. You can help loosen the mind’s control of the body, so that movement happens more naturally, rather than for the sake of competition or ego.